Friday, April 17, 2009

The Past Month

Here is a picture update of the most exciting things going on in our family - not surprisingly, they all have to do with Carli. Really, when I tried to think of what has been going on in the last month, not much came to mind. Just waiting for the weather to warm up, which it finally has!


Yes, this is our little piano virtuoso at the age of 17 months. She has started to mimic most of the things we do. It's especially funny to watch her with my Beehives (12-13 year old girls). She thinks she's one of them - she giggles just like them and everything.


Sadly enough, this is the only picture I got of her in her Easter dress from Nana, and it's not even with her cute hat. :( Oh well, she's still cute.
We had Easter dinner with Ben, Rachel and their girls and some friends. It was really nice to be with family to celebrate Christ's resurrection.

Here are the girls searching for eggs (with Logan's help).
Carli needed a little encouragement to find the hidden eggs, so this was quite a success for her to grab one on her own.
The weather has finally turned warm around her and we can't be more thrilled about it! We spend all the time we can out there, restocking our vitamin D stores. I love Carli's little ponytail in this one.
This is the look I get when Carli is testing me and my reaction. I told her to keep her hands away from that corner because there were spiderwebs. As you can see, she wants to see if I'll say the same thing the next time she does it, and the next, and the next. . .
I can't get enough of this face. . .but the next two are some of my all-time favorites.

Don't you just want to pinch those cheeks?!These videos will probably only be interesting to the grandma's, so be warned. The first one is of some of the new phrases Carli says. The second one is her counting to 10.



P.S. I am going to start another blog about, well, basically living. Kinda like Martha Stewart's Living, only real life, not fancy dinner parties every weekend life. I finally wrote about how I budget food and thought it would be fun to have a place to put that kind of stuff. So, I'm hoping for your feedback and input. I'd love it if you'd all contribute, so when I figure out a name for it I'll post it!

5 comments:

grandmacarol said...

We miss you so much. She is so sweet and cute!Love those smiles!

kera said...

love the pics. i'm excited to see your new blog too. love ya!

Mitzi Beal said...

That pony tail is adorable. I'm excited for your new blog. Homemaking in the Making. Shoot I can't help with a name. I am terrible at stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

Cute Pictures! Yes, we are thankful for the warmer weather too. Three days and counting without snow :)

ACReviews said...

Kate- She is a doll! It was fun to see you guys at Stake Conference! When we get back in town- we need to get together! Lunch at Epic??