Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September

A lot has happened since I last posted. Too much to list, so I'll summarize. We sold the house, moved into a storage unit, drove across the country, accepted a job offer, turned down another, drove across the country in a different direction (Logan alone, Carli and I get to fly), and will soon be moving out of the storage unit into a new place where Logan will begin his new job on Monday. Whew! When I put it like that it seems even more whirlwind than it felt, and it was pretty whirlwind. We are excited about the new adventure in front of us, even if it is a complete surprise to us. Here are a few pictures from the past month.

We had a great time in Nauvoo with family. Somehow my camera rarely makes it from my bag to the sites - I wish I had A LOT more pictures than this.




We made it to Grammie's house where Carli had her hair braided for the first time (and possibly the last. She was not happy about it.) We bought her a toddler air mattress with a sleeping bag for our trip and she absolutely loves it. So much so it's bye-bye to her crib and hello to a big girl bed once we move. Isn't she an angel?



Grammie and Papa Tommy (or Tommy, as Carli refers to him) were great to keep Carli for a night so Logan and I could go to the coast and stay at the beach house where we honeymooned. It was perfect weather and beautiful, as you can see.

We stopped at a cape with a lighthouse (nope, didn't get a picture of the lighthouse for some reason) that had this cool looking tree called the Octopus Tree. The sign said it was this way either from natural causes or Native Americans. Looks like someone's version of bonsai to me.

While we were here we were able to go to Baby Bristol's blessing. It was really nice to see family and friends. Hard to believe that only four years ago Lanie and I were roommates. Look at us now!
Hopefully I'll have some fun things to update as we get settled into our new home and routine. I am so looking forward to life regaining some normalcy after these months of chaos. We are definitely blessed and feel grateful for the way things have turned out, even with the struggles. Sometimes you just have to let go and rely on the fact that the Lord's plan is MUCH better than anything you could come up with.

6 comments:

Callie said...

What a whirlwind! You guys will survive! Can't wait to have you a bit closer to us!

Maurice&Tash said...

Thanks for posting that! The Coast looks beautiful and it was cool to see how big Kelly is growing! I didn't even know Lanie had a baby.

grandmacarol said...

You have lots of people praying and pulling for you my dear. The video and pictures are wonderful. We love you!

Smart Family said...

I"m so glad you posted. We have been thinking about you alot lately. Carli is such a big girl. No more crib? Wow. I hope the rest of the week with travel and what not go well for you. Good luck!

Kara said...

So I still couldn't figure out where the new job took you? When were you in Nauvoo? We just got back from there (18th-21st of Sept.) Hope all is going well and will soon be settling down for you!

TheKeilShpeel said...

that does sound like a whirlwind adventure.. :) Looks like your having a good time though