August... just happy it's over. It was a big one. Exciting, difficult, exhausting. We attended Haven's baptism where the rest of the family left for a family reunion. We said goodbye to our apartment by locking the door and walking across the hall to Will and Chelsea's for a few days before the kids and I left to stay with Shanna and her family for a few days and Logan stayed behind to keep working at the State. From there the girls, Ziggy and I got in our newly acquired van (which we bought to accommodate the new addition to the family - Ziggy) and started driving across the country. Logan would meet us that night at the hotel in Wyoming. It was a long trip, but I had an elaborate plan to make it "fun" for the girls. Yeah, right. We made some fun (and not so fun) stops along the way. The first one being only a half hour into the trip at a truckstop in the middle of nowhere Wyoming with a little sick tummy. Not a great way to start out the trip. Pulling into the Marriott that night to see our stay included passes to a miniature water park, I just knew Logan had planned this surprise for us. It was just what this pregnant, tired mom and sick-of-the-car kids needed. Daddy got stuck with the moving truck just an hour into the trip behind an accident, so he didn't join us until much later, but enjoyed the pool with us the next morning.


These large dinosaurs were a great pit stop along the way. Unfortunately, we still had a long way to go after this. So long, in fact, that Mom did not want to stop for potty one more time, especially since we'd just stopped a half hour ago. Plus, Janie included in her begging that she just wanted to go back to Will and Chelsea's, so I figured she was just tired and a little emotionally distraught about all the change that was happening. The crying died down and I figured that was that - until I looked in the rear-view mirror to see the expression on Carli's face. She was attempting to cover her mouth and nose with her snack cup so as to avoid the smell that was now pervading the car. Ugh... Wish I'd made the stop earlier. In the end, we made it all in one piece, minus one pair of undies...
What a welcome we got when we awoke the next day. A large group of men to help move our stuff in and women and children to welcome us and plan a girls' night with divine desserts that night. What a blessing these friends have been to us!
And, we just like to add changes upon changes - Carli lost her first tooth!
Little sister wanted in on the photo action too.
No comments:
Post a Comment