By and large, June has been a much less exciting month. Sadly. I hardly even took any pictures. I think when the shut down for Covid was novel, and especially as I knew the kids were supposed to be in school, I made quite an effort to make things positive. As it has all dragged on, especially into the summer, it has become more and more of a drag, at least for me. We had planned on a summer filled with fun things. Several days a week at the water park. A family reunion trip to see both sides of the family in Utah. A Minnesota friend reunion in Tennessee. Right now we can't even go to the library. *Sigh* We knew this would be a long haul, but it is still a time filled with disappointment and boredom. But, we are still very grateful for the blessings we do have. Logan is able to work from home and got his class to teach this summer. We are together and have found ways to keep busy.
Our garden continues to grow and is beautiful.
Our friends brought us some of the most delicious peaches. We planned on making peach ice cream, but they were too good all by themselves to last long enough to make it.
We finally got Janie's Free Little Library plaque.
I was able to talk with my family on Father's Day. They are such a fun group of people and I feel more and more blessed by them everyday.
Had to get a picture of the Sahara dust haze in the sky. At least it's keeping hurricanes at bay...
Carli's wish is her dad's command. She requested this shelf and just like that, he had it made. We have big plans for foliage and the like to decorate it. He made Janie a craft table and a bedside table too. He really is becoming quite the carpenter.








No comments:
Post a Comment