Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Our House

A few people have asked for pictures of our house. I have some, (I took some to use on a virtual decorator on the internet, so they're not great) but please realize we have done almost no decorating. I can't make up my mind - maybe some of you have some ideas and suggestions?

These two pictures make up our front room. I'm taking the picture from the entryway. To my left are the stairs to the basement. The doors lead out to our back deck. The archways lead to the kitchen. To my right is the hallway to the bedrooms.

Above is our kitchen. This is my favorite room in the house. To the right is the entrance to the great room. Behind me is the mud room and garage.

This is the master bedroom. To the left and back is the master bathroom. Behind me is the door to the hallway.

I didn't take pictures of the nursery or the guest bedroom or bath. And, as you can see I don't have a wide lense to take good architectural pictures, but hopefully these will do for those of you who were curious. Like I said, I'd love your ideas on how to decorate - as of now it is lots and lots of white - we need some color and personality.

4 comments:

Callie said...

Nice house, I hope that we can visit sometime! I guess the first thing everyone says about decorating is to paint. But then you have to figure out what color...

kera said...

i'm in the middle of decorating my new place too. well, more like organizing everything so i can get to the point of decorating. we do have some what of a color scheme though. i guess what callie said is true, first comes the color. ours is basically pistachio green and chocolate brown (or beige), with some others thrown in. think, mint chocolate ice cream... you'll have to come see it sometime... :) and i want to see yours!

Kris and MaLanie said...

Thanks for putting pictures up of your house. It looks really nice! I think all you need now is some paint on the walls. Then you can buy matching paintings/decorations to hang on the walls.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Thanks for putting pics up of your house. Happy Mother's Day..:)