Sunday we walked around Navy Pier. It was a cool place and it was perfect weather. At Navy Pier we walked through the stained glass museum. It had beautiful artwork. We also went to a "beach" on the lake.
Monday we walked the Magnificent Mile on Michigan Avenue. It was fun to "shop". Logan said I'm ruining Carli's idea of shopping - she's never heard the "ding" of the cash register. I should have come home with some $300 Prada sunglasses or something. . .
Monday we walked the Magnificent Mile on Michigan Avenue. It was fun to "shop". Logan said I'm ruining Carli's idea of shopping - she's never heard the "ding" of the cash register. I should have come home with some $300 Prada sunglasses or something. . .
This picture isn't very clear, but I saw this guy on Michigan Avenue. I wouldn't have taken a picture of him anyway since he charged for pictures. Ha ha, I got one anyway. He was pretty good, but he certainly was serious about no photos until he got paid.
Tuesday we went to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Not my thing. I like the old stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love art, those were some of my favorite classes in college. But, I'm not really into the stuff I feel like I (or Carli) could do myself or that makes me feel really uncomfortable. Call me shallow, but I'm a feel-good type. I don't particularly like to ponder drugs, or school masacres, or other such things the way those artists portray them. I feel like they often try to blame society and me as an individual for the horrible things in life instead of calling for change through their art. I suppose I just don't have the mind of an artist, I just don't comprehend what they're point is a lot of the time. Anyway, I guess it made me think, either way.I also went to American Girl Place Tuesday. It was one of my favorite places, as I was very much into American Girl when I was younger. It of course had a store where you could buy the dolls and the books and everything. (There are a lot more girls than there were when I was into it!) It also had a photo studio where you could get your picture on the cover of the magazine. There was a theater with live characters, a doll hair salon, and a place where you and your doll could dress alike. I almost envied the little girls carrying their dolls around in the store because I had always wanted a doll - not that I ever could have decided which one I wanted anyway. It was a fun trip down memory lane.
Otherwise we ate a lot of pizza, walked a lot and I took Carli to dip her toes in the pool. She absolutely loved it. In fact, she splashed her feet so much that the bottom of her onesie was soaked, so I took it off and dipped her in the pool up to her shoulders. She gasped a tiny bit but then shrieked with delight. All in all it was a great time for Carli and me. It sure beat being alone all weekend without Logan. And, fun for us, he gets a 3 day weekend this weekend to compensate.
Carli is growing up and is so much fun. She is becoming incredibly social and she gets so sad if you walk away even just a little. Then she giggles when you come back into view. She does this cute little chirp when she "talks" to you now and she can hardly get to sleep because she has so much fun talking, wrestling her blankets and trying to grab the little bunny and kitty in her crib. What a cutie! I'll post pictures of her soon.
2 comments:
looks like fun! i'm slightly jealous... i want to come visit... sometime, i don't know when. love ya!
hey ya'll! we miss you guys soooo much too. But we come the 17-28th of october. we will have to hang out tons and, of course,play hearts!!!! love you 3 and miss you tons....no one could replace the Cowans.
Post a Comment