Monday, November 17, 2008

An ominous sign. . .

Yes, the rainbow is the ominous sign. Why? It was the last sign of warm weather before winter hit. It was the signal for everyone (people and animals alike) to hole up in their houses and not come out until the spring thaw, which could be the end of April if the wooly worms (or whatever it is the Farmers Almanac gets its information from) are right. I guess it's a good thing I like my house and the people in it.

My parents were here last week visiting and we miss them so much. We had a lot of fun hanging out and seeing some of the sights around here. They celebrated Logan's birthday with us, which was fun. I never seem to take pictures when it really matters to me. This one is of Carli "helping" Grandpa fix the door handle. She just had to see what was going on. We're glad it will only be a few more weeks before we see them again at Christmas. And we're excited to see all the aunts, uncles and cousins then too. We're also excited to see Grammy and Papa Tommy and the uncles next week for Thanksgiving. I can say all I want about winter (which I do actually like, I just wish it weren't so long around here), but I sure do love the holidays and getting together with family.

Of course, I saved the best for last. I took a couple of videos, and Logan wanted me to put one up, and I wanted the other, so here they both are. The first one is success, and the second one is just plain cute. Thanks, Nana, for the fun walker for my birthday next week!

2 comments:

Callie said...

She is just too cute!
Are you sure you are ready to have her walking around the house yet? :)

Can't wait to see you guys soon too.

Ben and Anna said...

So cute! Sorry about the winter blues!