Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Things are pretty happy here, by the looks of things. I guess Logan and I got our celebrating in when Ben and Rachel kept Carli so we could go out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Thanks, guys!

Carli got to play with her cousins Saturday, and loved it. She's been a little sick the last few days (no, not swine flu), but she seems to be getting over it. The bruise is from a nose dive she took on the deck. Her Easter bucket seems to help her feel better as a hat, silly girl. Carli went to nursery for the first time last week as a trial run, and didn't want me to get her when church was over. I guess that means it was a success. She's been getting more into our trips to the library to go to story time, but she refers to it as "kitchen" because she spends most of the time there playing in the play kitchen, and sometimes bullying the other kids who try to play with it too.

We have been enjoying pretty good weather by going on walks and blowing bubbles outside. We are happy to work on our yard finally. Carli likes the "flowers" in the lawn, but it's time for the dandelions to go. Logan and I are preparing for the youth talent show tomorrow, where we will be playing "The Final Countdown" in a string quartet with a couple of my Beehives. Logan will also be attempting to make some of the youth disappear in the Aztec Tomb (for any of you Arrested Development fans out there). We are also continuing the planning of the Stake Youth Conference in June. Work keeps us both busy, but not too busy usually, which we love. Logan finally got to go golfing Saturday with his brother, which he's been aching to do for awhile now. And, I am working on reorganizing my laundry room and sewing area. I am also hoping to get a playgroup started for Carli sometime soon.

Life is good right now, and we're grateful for that!

1 comment:

Dear Little Dude said...

She is darling! I had a dream the other night that yall moved back into Pinegar...it would have been great for us but probably a nightmare for yall! Miss you tons!