Sunday, November 01, 2009

October

Well, I realize it's been a little while. Things have still been crazy, but seem to finally be settling down. ~sigh~ We really feel so blessed to be where we are right now. So, now I can do a little update on what we've been up to.

This is our little friend who welcomed us to our new home. He lives in our window and has a few friends join him now and again.
The first few days we were here, we didn't have any of our stuff, so Carli found other ways to amuse herself. Like trying to dress herself then trying to walk. It was a LONG couple of days before our stuff got here.
If you can't tell, Carli was a little excited when she found out we could go swimming here - and in October! She is a little fish.

This is the most beautiful pizza I've ever made, thanks to the great pizza screen my sister-in-law gave me. (It tasted pretty good too :) )
Carli enjoying G.C.'s gift "Madeliene".
And, of course, we can't forget Halloween. See if you can guess our theme, as apparently there are some in this world who need to brush up on their nursery rhymes. (Yep, that's sucker slime all over Carli's face, hands, arms. . .) I'll even start it for you...

Rub-a-dub-dub. .
.
Isn't she the cutest little baker you've ever seen? It's funny to me how much peer pressure works on people and how early it starts. She was a little leery of the whole costume thing until she saw everyone else at the party was wearing one, then it didn't come off the rest of the night. Of course, having her "bread purse" helped. She loved carrying it around, just like she loves carrying around her purses. (One of the booths was face-painting. Those are cherries on her cheek, to match the cherries on her apron and the cherry on top - of her hat.)

Daddy and Carli waiting for dinner.


It was fun to watch Carli actually enjoy and get into the Halloween games this year. She has lots of little friends in our ward already and she loved following them around, playing the games and of course, getting candy afterward. She did NOT, however enjoy the wild hayride at the end (nor did her mother) and promptly decided she'd had enough with Halloween and asked to go home. Good thing it was over anyway. We can't leave out our jack-o-lantern. We carved pumpkins with several friends who decided to carve some pretty intricate designs. As you can see, we did not go that route, but I like my little "Popeye pumpkin" anyway!
Well, I hope you all had a fun holiday. We'll see if I get any better at posting more than once a month, but if not, I'm definitely excited for November. Two birthdays and Thanksgiving (which we are hosting) should make for a very fun month!

5 comments:

grandmacarol said...

Love,love the costumes! All the pictures are super! Mom

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Wish we could have joined you in the festivities!

Callie said...

All the pics are cute! Great Halloween costumes. And I am glad you are liking TX so far! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. Are you going to make a pizza like that for us? It looked beautiful!

TheKeilShpeel said...

What cute themed costumes. I hope you get settled in soon.

Dear Little Dude said...

where did yall move? We miss you guys.Carli is beautiful!