Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Janie Lois

Yes, she is here, and we can't contain our excitement!
This is Janie and me the morning of her big debut. Can you tell I can't wait to have her in my arms?
7 hours and 4 pushes later, she joins us in this wonderful world!


7 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long


One thrilled mama!

Look at those juicy red lips! And she has her daddy's chin, just like her sister. Red hair was quite a surprise to us!
Meeting big sister for the first time. Carli was enthralled, "She's so beautiful!" She loves to touch her hands and give her kisses on the head. She's always talking about her baby sister and is very protective and sweet with her.
Baby Janie brought Carli a present (the purple bean bag chair) and Carli asks most mornings if Janie can come sit next to her in their chairs.

So happy to be a big sister! "I love you, Baby Janie!"


Tired Daddy and Janie Lou.


Daddy and his two girls.


Pretty baby photo shoot.




Things here are happy and hectic for now. We are really grateful to have my sister Shanna here to help for the week. She has been a life saver, has kept us fed and kept Carli busy, and given her a run for her money, while we are getting used to two. We are also so glad Aubrey has been here and has been such a big help too. We are definitely blessed with wonderful families who are willing to do so much for us. We are grateful for the blessings of health and wellness as well. What a beautiful life we have!

16 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Congrats!!! She's beautiful.

Kathleen said...

She is SO beautiful! We are so happy for you guys! Congrats. (ps. and Kate you still look pretty great at the hospital...what's up with that?)

Jen York said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats on a great delivery. I'm glad you have family members that have been able to help you. If you do need any extra help in the next week, please call me! (after that I'll have my own little one - hopefully as cute as yours!) ;) Again, congratulations!

Ben and Anna said...

I am so happy for you!!!!!

grandmacarol said...

Congrats!!All of you are "so beautiful". Beautiful, beautiful baby girl! Can't wait to love on her!

Callie said...

Yeah- more pictures! She is beautiful. I am so glad you are all doing well and hope to be able to see her soon! Give her a kiss from her auntie!

Tracy Haws said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to hold her!!!

I love the picture of the girls sitting next to each other on their chairs...there is something so priceless about sisters. I'm so excited for you guys!

Net said...

W.O.W. is she ever BEAUTIFUL!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
And I absolutely LOVE the name. Those pictures are so precious!
I'm glad Carli is loving being a big sister - how sweet to "sit with her" each morning! Yay for sisters!

Aaron and Julie said...

she is absolutely adorable!!! Congrats!!

Kara said...

Congratulations Kate and Logan! She looks so cute. And that is such a great idea for the new baby to bring Carli a present.

Love Kara & Eli

Mitzi Beal said...

Wow that went fast (for me anyway) I can't believe you already had her. She is beautiful, congrats.

Kara said...

Congrats!!! She sure looks precious! Love the red hair! I hope everyone is doing well.

Smart Family said...

Kate,

She. is. so. beautiful!!!! Congratulations, we are happy for you guys. Wish I could hold her. Carli looks great too. Good luck with two.

Mallory said...

Congratulations Logan and Kate! She is absolutely gorgeous! I sure hope we get to meet her (and Carli too!) someday sooner rather than later. Miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

kera said...

i thought i commented on here earlier, but it must have gotten lost in cyberspace. again, congratulations! and she is a cutie. i'm going to come visit sometime soon so i can see her in person!