Friday, September 17, 2010

We're Back

Wow, where do I even begin?! It's been quite a month. I'm finally feeling like things are becoming "normal" for us again. So, I decided it was time for everyone to see some more pictures.

We were so sad to see Auntie Aubrey go. :( We miss her and Carli asks "Is Auntie Aubrey coming back?" on most days. I found Carli like this a couple of days after everyone left. Let me just point out that this was the first time I can remember (since she was a tiny baby) that she fell asleep somewhere other than her bed. She hardly even falls asleep in the car! I guess she was just as exhausted as the rest of us from all our adjustments.
Apparently Janie's seat was not quite comfortable enough, so in true Goldilocks fashion, she practically sleep-walked and opted for a more comfy position.
We went kite-flying for FHE on a night that was quite pleasant, surprisingly enough. Daddy and Carli enjoyed it. . .
and I think Janie did too.
And, of course I had to include some bath pictures.
This one is my favorite. Maybe her nickname should be Betty Boop?
I love the amusement in her eyes. I can't wait to get to know her personality!
Speaking of personality, if it is possible, this little girl has it flowing out of every pore. Lately I'm not really sure if I want to hug her or throw my hands up in frustration. She is so fun, spunky, bright, and vivacious. But a personality like that calls for plenty of tantrums (during one of which, this picture was taken), fights with friends and attitude. She is a force to be reckoned with, and I'm willing to do it, not only because I love her so stinkin' much, but also because she's so darn cute!

And one thing I am incredibly grateful for is her love for her sister. Carli is more than willing to help with any task involving Janie, and is constantly saying things like, "I love my baby sister SO MUCH!" Amazingly enough, she shows no aggression towards her, and I am so relieved by that. I love looking in the rear-view mirror and seeing her staring at Janie with a grin, then giggling with delight at her every movement, sneeze and smile. She could stare at her for hours and loves to get her to coo. What a joy to have these girls!

1 comment:

Net said...

SO cute! My, Janie is quite photogenic! I'm soooooo glad for you that Carli loves her so much. What a blessing! I remember my mom saying she always had to take one of us with her when she had to use the bathroom, for fear of what would happen if we were left together unsupervised. :) Oy.
Hang in there with the tantrums -- I feel your pain!