* Dad: How are you doing, Carli?
Carli: I gotta tell ya, Dad, not great.
* Mom: Can I please hold the book while I read to you?
Carli: Remember how the lady at the library said for parents to let their kids hold the book and turn the pages so they can learn to read?
(Yes, days earlier the librarian at story time gave a tip to parents, while the kids "weren't paying attention".)
* Cousin H.: My horse will be the wife and your horse will be the husband.
Carli: I can't because mine's not a donkey.
* Carli: I miss the library in Texas. I miss my friends there too. Mom, I miss my other world called Texas.
*Mom: (mostly talking to myself) What else do we need at Costco?
Carli: Tilapia.
*Dad: I wanna see 5 more bites gone.
Carli: 4! (While staring down Dad.)
*Carli to Grammie: Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
*Carli: Janie is entertaining the thought of eating my shoes.
*Mom: How do you like my haircut?
Carli: What happened to your nice hair?
M: If that was my nice hair what is this hair?
C: That's your clumsily hair.
*Mom: We probably shouldn't do that.
Carli: Well, you're the expert.
Janie's list of first words: Mama, dada, Hi, Ruff (as in dog barking), ahchoo (fake sneezing), baba, ahden (Carli), papa, . . .
2 comments:
tilapia? ha ha that one made me laugh out loud. :)
Very cute.
Post a Comment