Monday, January 30, 2012

Carli-isms

* We went to visit Logan at school and his friends in his cohort are always so friendly with Carli and Janie. E., who sits next to Logan, offered Janie a snack and while Janie was acting a little shy Carli came running in dramatically yelling, "No! Janie don't take it, it's a trick!"

* After a lesson in Primary by a member of the bishopric the kids were asked, "So, what did you think of what he said?" Apparently Carli raised her hand and in a sugary voice said, "Brother B. is sooo handsome!"

* In her Primary class the teachers were giving examples like, "What should you do if your mom wants you to clean your room but you want to play with your friends?" And, "What if your dad wants you to help in the yard but you want to play with your sister?" Trust Carli to complicate the whole thing by asking, "What do you do if your mom wants you to help with the dishes but your dad wants you to help in the yard?"

* Tonight we were talking about Shadrac, Meshac and Abendigo at dinner and I mentioned that I couldn't remember why they were thrown in the fire. All-knowing Carli: "Maybe they were trash. Or maybe they needed to be recycled." Logan blames her indoctrination on the "greenies" at PBS.

* Every once in awhile Carli and I work on learning how to read. One day she was particularly wiggly and not compliant. I told her it was hard to be her teacher when she was doing that. Her response, "I don't want you to be my teacher. I want you to be my mom."

I wish I could remember all the great things she says. She cracks me up/stumps me multiple times a day. I've given up on keeping up with her, but it's sure fun to try!

2 comments:

Net said...

Okay, that girl is hilarious! Her smarts and spunk just shine through, don't they? How fun. I'm glad you're recording and sharing her -isms. They're priceless.

Miss you guys!

Heather said...

I love Carli's carli-isms!