Tuesday, June 03, 2008

6 Months!

Carli turned six months old while we were in Chicago, and she had her checkup yesterday. She's healthy and happy, but the poor girl has some unique proportions. Height - 26" (46%) Weight - 15 lbs (26%) Head - 45 cm (96%) I think we have a smartie! We think those proportions must be just about perfect, because she is.

She's sure growing up on us, we're sort of sad about it so it's a good thing she just gets cuter and more fun everyday. She is so active now. We put her in her crib to go to sleep and find her crosswise all tangled up in her blanket giggling. She loves her cereal and vegetables and will grab anything within (or not) reach. You can tell by those eyes that she is a curious one.

She says "mama" - and we're pretty sure she knows what it means (she always says it in reference to me). She rolls all over and has started to scoot backwards, even though she means to scoot forward. She loves giving her mom and dad big, slobbery kisses and giggles and squeals everytime her dad comes home (even when she was not very happy with mom one minute earlier). Her hair is coming in thick, and we love the double cowlick in the back, even if she'll hate it when she gets older.

She loves going on walks outside, especially following her dad around the frisbee golf course. She's doing great in her baby etiquette classes. Not really, we just love how dainty she is. She almost always sits with her ankles crossed and her hands folded in her lap like this. When she stands it's always in a ballet position. We'll laugh when she wants nothing to do with the girly stuff later on.

She sure is a cutie and we just can't get enough of her!

Other than that, we're doing well here. I got a new calling after only a few months of being the Primary chorister (which I loved). I am now in the Young Womens presidency and I'm a little nervous. I suppose I'm destined to work with teenagers. I figure it's one of two things: to help me survive Carli when she's a teenager, or to help Carli survive me when she's a teenager. I am excited to work with the girls too. This is the first time I've been in a ward with YW so it should be quite a learning experience.

We're also looking forward to a trip to Logan's home to see all the family next week. Carli has never met her uncles or her Papa Tommy. I can already tell she will love them. It will be a fun vacation, although I will be without Logan again for part of it, which I am sad about. Good thing I married him, since I can't get enough of him either!

Well, there's our update, complete with pictures of Carli - the most important part!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

That last picture is especially precious!

TheKeilShpeel said...

Love the pics.. so it was driving me crazy last night not knowing who snap n the cheek was :) When you click on that name in my comments it said private and I couldn't find out who you were. I'm so glad i checked your page today :) Yeah.. Glad you guys are doing well. I can't believe she's already 6 months old. Keep enjoying every minute it flies by way to fast.

grandmacarol said...

What a precious, precious girl. I love your picture too. Mom

Mallory said...

She is so cute! We need to meet her in person before she is a grown up (hopefully sooner than that though).