Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happy July!

I can hardly believe it's actually July! Life is good here. All I can say is that the summer weather here almost makes up for the winter weather (minus all the severe thunderstorms, but they usually happen at night anyway). I guess I wouldn't say that if my house was flooded though. Needless to say, we are enjoying summertime. The 4th of July was great. Ben, Rachel, Haven and Rory stayed with us and we loved it. We had a great barbecue, a fun round of croquet, and we went to the fireworks here in our little town. Carli sure wasn't a fan of them, but they were nice all the same. I have to say though, nothing will ever compare to this sight -


Watching the fireworks from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial will always be one of my most incredible memories. (That was already 2 years ago!)

We were happy to celebrate Haven's 3rd birthday while they were here as well, princess cake and all. What a cutie! She sure is growing up.

Other than that, I'm just trying to keep up with this little one.


I know, she looks sweet and innocent in this picture (and she is), but she sure can move. She's right on the verge of crawling, and she is fast! She also seems to be developing some opinions. She is so much fun right now. She's learning new tricks everyday and is discovering all sorts of things. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post a video of her "pre-crawling". (The battery only lasted long enough to get the pictures.)

This is a big month for our family - a nephew blessed, another nephew got his Eagle Scout Award, another nephew turns 2, a niece turns 3, another niece is blessed, my brother turns 34 (today - Happy Birthday Jason!), my sister turns 29, our third anniversary, my sister's 16th (I think) anniversary, and there's probably more. Pretty exciting, except that all those numbers make me feel old. Anyway, that's what calls for - HAPPY JULY!

4 comments:

Amy Jenks said...

Wow! What an exciting month!!! Your little girl is adorable. I'm so glad you found our blog! I agree - watching the fireworks from the Lincoln memorial is an incredible memory that I don't think I'll ever forget.

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Thanks for reminding me that I am truly the oldest! Can't believe it is already July!

John and Melanie said...

That fireworks picture is AMAZING. We saw that view from our airplane on the 4th of July... that same summer. Your little girl is GORGEOUS. Glad to see all is well with the Cowan fam. We miss you guys like crazy.

TheKeilShpeel said...

That is a big month for your family. Your little girl sure is a doll :)