Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our trip home

We spent the last couple of weeks with Logan's family. Carli's probably bored now that we're home, I know I am. We did a lot of fun stuff, but it was great just being with the family. Logan only got to spend a few days with all of us, than he had to get back to work, so that was the only downer. We were glad to be able to spend so much time with Aubrey before she goes on her mission. Hard to believe she leaves tomorrow!
Her talk was great and the brothers' musical number was beautiful. I wish I could have taped them both. I didn't take very many pictures (again) and I'm so sad about it. I guess I just get distracted. We went swimming a couple of times and Carli absolutely loved it. She shrieked, giggled, kicked and splashed like nobody's business.
Here's and in-action picture of Carli and Uncle Will on the carousel. Carli loved getting to know her uncles and Papa Tommy. She was sure happy to see Grammy and Aunt Aubrey again too.


I caught this exchange a little late on the camera, but it's still cute. Haven realized that when she moved around on the air mattress it bounced Carli. Before this video Carli was laughing harder than I've ever seen. Thanks Grammy, Papa Tommy, Uncle "Kelby", Uncle "Wilbur" and Aunt Aubrey for letting us come visit and for such a fun time. And thanks to Ben, Rachel, Haven and Rory for helping us on the trip to and from.

Our little girl is seven months old! She's learning to sit on her own pretty well, has added a few more sounds to her repertoire (including dada), rolls around quicker than I can keep up, has mastered cereal, fruits, vegetables and the sippy cup, and loves to be tickled and sung to. She gets more and more fun everyday and I'm starting to think my decision to stay home with her was purely selfish because I enjoy it so much. What a blessing!

8 comments:

Callie said...

I can't believe how much Carli has grown! She sure looks cute. I'm glad you guys had a fun time!

kera said...

carli does look so old in that picture! i wish we were closer. when is the best season to visit wisconsin? as in, when are there no tornados, floods, snow, etc.?

TheKeilShpeel said...

It's amazing how fast they grow up.

grandmacarol said...

Cute pictures of the growing girl. We miss you too. We need to plan our next "family reunion". We are all lonesome to see each other. Maybe we can do something in California for a few days in the fall. Mom

Kris and MaLanie said...

Carli just keeps getting cuter and cuter if that is possible. Too bad we couldn't come up and see you in Oregon while you were there. We were babysitting my boss's kids. I was just thinking I can't believe how long it has been since we've seen you. :( Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute video! She is at my FAVORITE stage! Wish we were closer to teach her some "crazy" tricks!

Esther Noelle said...

Oh Kate & Logan I'm so happy to "see" you guys!!! How are you doing? I'm so glad you found our blog! Yeah!

Your little girl is just adorable! I'll be keeping an eye on you guys!

The Cannons said...

Hi, Carli is so cute. It's fun to see what you guys have been up to.
Mitzi