Logan just passed his yearmark at his company. He is still enjoying his job and is as happy as ever. He is the branch clerk, so he spends most of his day at church on Sunday and we both spend Wednesday nights there (seeing as he has no assistant). He has been running most mornings and has grown to love it (it would take a lot for me to get to that point), but he's not quite sure what he'll do once winter comes. He's thought about jump-roping in the basement/garage or going to the high school across the street to the open gym in the morning. Anyone have any good suggestions for exercise when you can't do it outside and you don't have a home gym? Logan has also become Carli's main man, especially on Monday and Tuesday nights when he gets her dinner and gets her to bed. He even makes me dinner on those nights! She sure loves him - she must take after her mother. :)

I spend my time watching Carli grow and loving it. She amazes me everyday. I am enjoying my job as well. It is difficult at times, but I am sure learning a lot. I'm sure that understanding how to overcome power struggles with children (anyone, for that matter) will come in handy in the not-too-distant future. . . I'm the 2nd counselor in Young Women. Working with the young women has been fun. It's pretty humbling what these girls deal with, and amazing how easy they are to love, even when you want to whap 'em. I can't believe we've been here a year! I have really enjoyed the summer, and unlike some of you others, it could last forever for all I care. Don't get me wrong, the falls are beautiful here and you can't ask for better weather, but the cooler temp, the crisp smell and all those things I usually love just remind me that winter is coming. Ugh. . . At least I'm prepared this year.
Carli is getting around more and more. She finally cut another tooth today that she's been working on for awhile. She started to pull herself up to standing last week, and it wasn't a day before she realized she could also climb. This picture was when she first made that discovery, with Dad's ever-ready hands in the background.
We went to storytime at the library and she loved seeing all the little kids. It was unbelievable how well she paid attention to the reader. Her thrill was apparent as she clapped her hands and repeated "Yayayayaya" throughout the stories and songs.
Our forward-thinker is already contemplating her future career. This is when she tried out mechanics for a day.
This is a pretty typical expression when the camera comes out. It's like she's wondering "Mom, I'm not sure what you find so amusing, I'm trying to work here." Such a serious girl.What can you expect in the coming weeks? Hopefully lots of time outside so Carli can store up some vitamin D. We're anticipating some fun things in October and November, but the rest of September will be a time to relax and enjoy time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment