Monday, February 02, 2009

Pride

Well, I just had a moment of pride - you know the kind that everyone feels when they realize they really are good at something. Teachers feel it when they make a breakthrough with a student, lawyers when they win a case, engineers and artists when they create something, doctors/nurses when they heal, and so on. Well, this really isn't as important as all of that, but my husband just pointed out to me that I consistently feed my family for not much more than a $1 per person per meal. And we haven't had ramen for years! Yay for Home Eckies! (And anyone else who knows how to live on a budget!)

To make this post worth your time, here are some pictures and a video.



I know it must seem like I'm obsessed with her saying kitty - it's ok, I've moved on, my new favorite word of hers is Binky. She says it so cute "bee-bee". But, I've learned she won't be forced into anything, so maybe you'll hear her say it someday, maybe you won't. Here she is dancing to her Daddy's music.

6 comments:

Mitzi Beal said...

You should do a blog post about how you cook such a cheap meal. I am interested and I'm sure there are others.

Callie said...

Logan's a rockstar!

I am impressed with your food budget... maybe I should take a lesson or two. Maybe you should write a book- seriously!

Miss you!

Smart Family said...

I always love your videos. I need to get your meal plans or whatever you are doing to feed your family. I'm ashamed that we do eat ramen sometimes.

Ben and Anna said...

Hooray for cheapness. That is, definitely somehting to be proud of. I wouldn't count out Ramen yet, though. James LOVES it...and I sort of have an affinity, too. It's only 20 cents per person, and that includes corn and peas in it.

grandmacarol said...

We are proud of you and your wonderful skills! Cute, cute girl!

me and you plus two said...

HI kate! You are so beautiful as a mommy and that little girl! She is just a minnie you! I am so glad to find your blog and that your're doing good! God Bless you guys! love denise (Swenk)