1. Celebrating Valentine's Day complete with poetry, chocolates, a candlelit dinner, cherry cream cheese pie, chocolate milk and karaoke.
2. Planning/attending Young Women in Excellence/New Beginnings - see pics.
The cute invitations the YW president made.
The excellent decorating the 1st counselor came up with and the handouts the president made.
The door Logan and another husband made into a purse. It would look better if I'd taken the picture from the other end, but you get the idea.It was a fun purse theme - In "Purse"-uit of Excellence. We did purse games, talked about "purse"onal progress, and our adviser gave an excellent talk on not being a counterfeit and how to be a true young woman of excellence. It was a great night!
3. Working.
4. Sleeping.
5. Playing.
6. Enjoying seeing the grass for at least a couple of weeks.
7. Looking for/researching digital pianos (hopefully purchasing one very soon- hooray for tax returns!)
8. Carrying out two callings. Logan is now the Young Men's president and the clerk. Hopefully that won't last long. He will miss being the clerk, but he's really excited to work with the young men too.
9. Planning youth conference for the stake this summer. We're on a committe of 3 couples who will put the 2-day event together. So, if any of you have ideas as to what youth might enjoy, we'd be happy to hear them!
10. Learning more crock-pot recipes. By the way, I will try to make a post dedicated to how I do my food budget, since some of you seemed interested. I can't promise how soon it will be, or how interesting it will be,but I'll do it.
Obviously not an all inclusive list, but those are the major things. I guess the important thing is that we are enjoying life, and we hope you are too!
2 comments:
Oh, I'm excited about the recipes blog. I really am dying to know how you feed your family for such a small amount. I don't doubt your abilities, but I want in on the secrets! :)
what piano are you getting?
Nicole's parents gave us their piano over Christmas, and we just found out it was built in 1913... that would explain why it was so HEAVY to move.
isn't Uncle Sam great?
Post a Comment