Thursday, March 12, 2009

Introducing the newest member of our family. . .

Yep, this is my new baby. We brought it home on Monday after I picked Logan up for his lunch hour and we got an incredible deal on it. We have been (seriously) researching digital pianos for several months now, and this is actually the first one I played and pushed it aside because it was out of our price range. After playing a whole bunch, I still wanted this one, and now, here it is, sitting in my front room. I blame it on the fact that my husband has incredible luck (and I think his charm and good looks might account for part of it too). Either way, it is hard for me to express just how excited I am about this.

Since we got the piano I have played it whenever I can. I am re-familiarizing myself with a part of me I'd forgotten about. Recently I've been blessed (I feel) with musical opportunities, and I'm realizing that I have sorely neglected that part of my life. It's a part of me that I haven't really shared with anyone since high school, and it kind of makes me sad because it's a bigger part than I knew. How could people really know me if they don't know this part? I'll just say this, after playing the piano and the cello so much in the past week, I feel so alive and so happy. Do you know that feeling? It's hard to describe. And I have my wonderful husband to thank for reintroducing that to me. Thank you, Logan! Anyway, that's my personal note for this post.

On a much less exciting note, Carli had her first big fall. The fall wasn't actually that big, it just so happened that it was into the corner of a square banister. It doesn't actually look as bad in the picture as it did in real life (or at least to a first-time mom who kind of freaked out). It's all better now, but it was pretty nasty there for a few days.

Well, those are the major things going on these days. Carli is a little parrot and cuter than ever. Logan is working hard and I'm having fun. Not bad, eh?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I know how you feel! Music is a wonderful addition to your life and you do feel more energy when you play. I am so excited you got a piano! It looks great. Have fun playing!

Callie said...

It looks beautiful. I am so glad you were able to get the one you wanted!

Jason said...

Cool piano...I think you should wrap Carli in bubble wrap so you dont worry about her falling. When you have more kids, you put the padding on the walls because you and the kids will need it. Put some on your piano too, espesially if we come to visit.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have a piano now! It is exciting.

Ben and Anna said...

Congrats on the piano. I have been doing the same thing with the flute lately! oh, and happy birthday....I'm only a couple of days late!!