Monday, June 08, 2009
Do Re Mi
Here's Carli singing her new favorite. OK, it's mostly me singing her new favorite, but try to ignore that part and focus on her. Also, please excuse the poor camera work, it's tough to keep up with an 18-month old.
In many ways we're looking forward to Carli's eye appointment this week. We're really hoping the ophthalmologist will be able to find out what's wrong and find a solution. We are nervous about the appointment itself - it's two hours long and Carli's not fond of being poked and prodded - who is? We're also nervous about what the solution might be. We'll update once we know what's going on.
I'm looking forward to my week with Callie and her family. It will be so much fun to get together and for Carli to have playmates.
Also, I am in the process of trying to become a piano and cello teacher. I have printed off some flyers which I have already sent to the local school music teachers and which I plan on passing out in our neighborhood, putting up at the library and giving to other friends. I was feeling like this is a great time for me to do this (partly since my other job is no longer convenient) and so I got on Craigslist to look for beginner piano books to use in my teaching. Wouldn't you know it that someone who works at Logan's company was selling the entire Alfred's library for $20. Coincidence? I think not. Anyway, anyone have any suggestions how to build clientele? I'd love your advice if you have it.
Well, I hope you're all enjoying summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
very cute video!
that's awesome about the lessons. i've never done anything like that before, but i think what you're doing is great. flyers, craigslist, facebook... that's all i know.
Great video! I love this stage of emerging language and phonology! It is one of my favorites. If you need any help getting books and such let me know. The booktable has tons of music. John Schmidt has a sight reading book that is pretty good. My kids piano teachers really stressed sight reading. As far as getting started, word of mouth seems to be very successful here. Also, our teachers always gave a few free lessons to people who brought referrals to them. Good luck!
Nicole joined the local NMTA (National Music Teachers Association) chapter, and is trying to network through them. I think she may have a student this fall that she found that way.
It's hard to have so many of her students being from the ward. Something about doing business in the Mormon world... they take advantage of you.
Post a Comment