Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Noel

Yes, this post has been a long time coming. I'm sure I should have tons of descriptions, but I don't feel too wordy, so here's pictures and I think you'll get the idea.


Carli in her Christmas jammies. I bought them on sale when she was tiny and have saved them this long because I thought they were darling.


Carli reading and snuggling with Uncle Wilbur.


This is what Christmas day looked like (along with the two days before it). Carli had a fever and did not feel well. Sad for Christmas!

I don't know what these two were watching, but I thought this picture was funny. They were pretty intrigued by whatever it was. Cute girls!

I know it looks like Carli was posing nicely for this photo, but I guarantee you it was a fluke. She sure is a pretty girl though.


The beautiful girls in their Christmas dresses.


Group hug!



I had to post this picture of my cute little niece.


Funny that Carli was born in such a wintery place, but never really got to enjoy the snow before we moved. So, this was her first experience making a snowman!


Aunt Aubrey and Uncle Kelby helped out too.


Yeah, he's a little goofy looking, but there's one in every family, right?


Anyone notice something different about Carli? Yep, her eye is straight! Last week Carli had strabismus surgery. It went extremely smoothly and amazingly enough you can hardly tell 5 days later except for a tiny bit of pink and a straight eye. So, the doctor said it went at least as well as they hoped for and should shorten the amount of time we have to patch. So, out of the three issues she has, two have been solved (at least for now). The glasses fixed the vision problem, the surgery fixed the strabismus (crossing) and we still have to patch for the amblyopia, but they believe that straightening the eye will help it become stronger faster. Here's hoping for that and that we won't have to do the surgery again!

Right now we are enjoying wonderful weather so I think I will go back out and continue to enjoy it!

6 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Carli is so beautiful. I hope her eye does get strong quickly so you don't have to go through that again.

Kara said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas. Best wishes for a great 2010!

Ben and Anna said...

Yay for modern medicine!! She is such an adorable girl!

Callie said...

I am so glad Carli is doing well! What a cutie. Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Christmas PJs! I am so glad that her surgery went. We love you!

grandmacarol said...

Carli's eye looks great! I love the Christmas PJ's. She looks grown up!