Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday, or whatever you call it

I looked over my last post and realized I had a bad attitude, which is now easy for me to say, seeing as I feel GOOD for the first time in two months. So, I'm going to make up for it with a grateful post. It's a list, but since it's too hard to decide on what should come first, it's not in any order.

1. I feel GOOD!!! Yes, not just better, I actually feel good and the feeling is definitely enhanced by the returned hope that "it won't be like this forever".
2. I just snuggled my beautiful, smart, spunky, happy (except for tantrums), friendly, sweet little girl back to sleep after a siren woke her up from her nap.
3. My hard-working, handsome, funny, adoring, just plain wonderful husband will be home from his business trip today.
a. Somehow I got a man who knows that as a youngest child (or whatever you want to blame it on) I need to be spoiled and have all of his attention. And he does it like he likes it, he doesn't even complain!
b. He's taught me what the Bible means by the phrase "well favored". Logan is liked by everyone he meets and it's no wonder. His personality is pure fun and you just love to be around him. He's a living example of "How to win friends and influence people".
4. I have WONDERFUL friends, including my family. Right now I'm especially grateful for my friends here who have brought me fully into their circle and are so good to me. To have someone help get me out of bed in the morning, help get Carli ready and offer so much help is really a blessing.
5. Snow! Yes, where I am now I'm grateful for it's beauty and refreshing cleanliness, probably because I know there's a possibility of weather in the 70s next week.
6. Music, especially it's soothing qualities for Carli. How easy does it make motherhood to sing a song and change the mood instantly? (Ok, not easy, but easier.)
7. My church that gives us so much in life, including a support system and purpose for life in every way, even the smallest.
8. Pregnancy and motherhood. If you're an atheist, you're not a mom. Everything about the process (and everyone's process is different) of becoming and being a mother is miraculous . Though many times it isn't pleasant, I'd be willing to go through the process over and over to experience that miracle.
9. Learning in all forms. If it weren't for that, I'd definitely go crazy.
10. Food! I went from wishing I didn't have to eat to sustain life one day to wanting to eat everything in sight the next, so now I'm grateful for delicious, fresh food, especially at this time of year. Man, I'm glad to live in the modern world!

There you go. I'm happy about life, and though I didn't need to prove it to anyone, I just wanted to share it. Hope you can find joy today too. And have a happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Smart Family said...

It was so good to talk to you yesterday. Jeff said I was in a cery good mood last night, and he knows it's because I got to talk to you and have a good time. Carli is getting so big! Congrats on the new baby news.

Callie said...

Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. I LOVED your snow shovel story. My friends up here will get a kick out of it. Funny how we beg for 10 inches of snow to fall here and down there it shuts everything down. FUNNY, FUNNY! Carli's cute little song the the phone made my day :o)

M and M said...

I'm glad you stalked me, I love seeing everyone's blogs :) I'm glad that you are feeling better, I'm nervous for the day I'm pregnant again and still have another little one to take of, I'm sure it's not easy but I bet you do great! That's awesome that you know Annie and Talon, Annie is in my home ward :) Well hopefully we'll see you at play group today!