Monday, March 01, 2010

February

Well, February went by fairly uneventfully. Wintery weather meant we didn't go out much, so there aren't many exciting pictures to show. We did still go out a little, Logan has gotten back into disc golf, so we bundled up and played quite a bit the last few weeks. This is Carli on one of those excursions.Because of the weather, Logan's business trip was extended a few days, which Carli and I were especially unhappy about, but at least he was able to spend some fun time with family while he was there. Carli very somberly informed me every night before bed and every time she heard someone outside our door, "Daddy's coming back to see his Carli Rick." Needless to say, she was thrilled to finally have him back, as was I. She sure loves her Daddy and does so many things just like him.This picture is a pretty typical scene from the last few weeks in our house. Carli and I are working on potty training, which has good days and bad. She told Logan today at lunch, "I pooped on the floor, Daddy." To which he asked, "What do you think you should do next time?" The answer, "SIT on the potty," with a big nod and very serious eyes. "I get stickers when the poop goes IN the potty."

And, the bathroom is no different than anywhere else, piles of books left behind anywhere Carli has been. She takes a huge pile everywhere she goes, all the while chanting, "I'm strong!" I love how much she loves books, and especially enjoy her current rendition of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", which she reads at record-breaking speeds. She's also decided that Bumbos are not just for babies and work perfectly to perch yourself on the couch to daintily cross your ankles and read, while shunning your parents obvious obsession with the Olympics.

We've also been working on some home organization. With the new baby coming so soon, it seems, and in many ways already feeling like I did in the third trimester with Carli, I feel the need for speed in getting everything ready while I can still move for lengthy periods of time. Not to mention that once the warm/hot weather arrives I plan on spending most of the day with Carli in the pool, which leaves NO time for baby prep. We got a cubby shelf from IKEA for Carli's room, and as you can see, she decided the bins were for storing snapagusses, not toys.The next month should be pretty fun. There are birthdays to celebrate, spring cleaning to do, frisbees to be thrown, kites to be flown and a baby to plan names and colors for (we find out the gender in a few weeks). We'll definitely keep you updated!

3 comments:

Callie said...

Carli is growing up so much! Her hair is so long! Good luck with the potty training! :)

Mallory said...

Carli is too cute! Its good to hear your feeling better. Nothing like chasing that first one around during those beginning months of pregancy with the second. Where are you guys these days? Hopefully within driving distance of us?

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

Such cute pictures! Congrats on the new baby. I'm so excited for you guys!