Tuesday, August 07, 2012

France Day 7

Aix en Provence

 An old church on the way Aix en Provence
 Had to include this picture of the old Frenchmen hanging out on the park bench.





 These two pictures show one of our most quintessential French memories of the trip. We had just finished buying some lavender satchels from a crazy, but great old lady at the town market when we walked up this alley, listened to someone playing the accordion, and walked into this "place" where the locals were sitting on/around the fountain eating their baguettes for lunch. It's a snapshot I will never forget.


 A really old church
 I loved the tree-lined roads. Supposedly Napoleon thought his troops shouldn't have to march in the sun, so this tradition started. (I don't actually know if it's true.)

 The awesome old mansion we stayed in.

A view of the town

No comments: