Tuesday, August 07, 2012

France Day 8

From Provence, through Gorde, Avignon, and Nimes to Carcassonne.

I fell in love with this sweet dog at our B&B.



 It's hard to see, but this is a cool city built all out of red rock.
 The vineyards of Provence
 Gorde from a distance

 The market in Gorde

 I think this is my favorite picture from our trip. This city was such an amazing sight.

 The Bridge of Avignon
 Palais de Pap - The Pope's Palace (there was a Pope in France and Italy when they decided to excommunicate each other)


 A cool natural spring up the hill from the Pope's Palace

 Another view of the Bridge of Avignon



 The Roman aqueduct outside Nimes



 I have only put a small fraction of the pictures that we took on the blog. I was tired of the picture-taking at this point.
 The Maison Carree

 Arena of Nimes


 The walls of Carcassonne
 Logan's sausage and potato dinner at Carcassonne
A view of Carcassonne at night

No comments: