This was an exciting month! I was so ready for little Quatro to come meet us. Especially on this morning. Ever since his oldest sister got up at 1am talking crazy talk and acting strange in her sleep - sending my frenzied, hormonal mind to meningitis (the places a tired, anxious pregnant mind will take you...) - I had been up with quite strong, but irregular contractions. I got up, took a shower, woke Logan up and they died down. Just long enough for him to get deep into making several loaves of dutch oven bread for his "Art of Manliness" Elders Quorum activity that night. And, of course, while he was gone dropping the girls off at school, the contractions returned in full force, though still not regular. So, off we headed to drop Milo off with a friend (because, of course, Shanna would be arriving the next day...) and go to the hospital, where they proceeded to determine that my pain level was an 8 and I'd prefer to be at a level 4 or less, long before they determined if I could even stay at the hospital. Good thing they admitted me, or it may not have just been me with level 8 pain...
A few hours (and a primal roar) later, our beautiful Thomas J arrived!
His sisters were ecstatic to meet him, and Milo wasn't mad either.
And we are so grateful Aunt Shanna could come help us adjust to life with 4. She was amazing with all of the help we could have dreamed. She was a lifesaver and a friend.
She snuggled baby.
Took the kids to the Children's Museum.
Visited a Minnesota lake with us.
Read to my kids, quite animatedly I might add.
And helped give Tad his first bath.
How I love these two boys!
Next, we got Grammie for a couple weeks. She picked right up where Shanna left off. What a blessing to have her help!
She went with us to get Janie's first salon hair cut.
And while she was here Logan got to take Carli to see one of her favorite authors, Kate DiCamillo. She was so happy!
This little sweetheart also wrote this cute story about her favorite blanket that Grandma made her when she was a baby.
And this little guy has stolen all of our hearts and we don't even want them back.




No comments:
Post a Comment