Saturday, March 11, 2017

June 2016


This dapper little fellow is 2 months old! He and his dad are so handsome.


There's quite the story behind these two pictures. I had grand plans to get a nice photo of the kids for Fathers Day. So I got the kids ready and headed out to a nice scenic spot. On the ride both boys fell asleep, so when we got there I let them rest a few minutes longer and got these cute pictures of the girls. Just for a second, look past the beautiful girls in the foreground and check out the nice moss, ferns, lilypads, etc. Little did I know that I was about to get up close and personal with them. I got Milo out of his seat and walked around the van to get Tad out, only to hear Janie yell, "Mom!!" Milo, from what I could tell, not understanding there was water under all that muck, had run headlong into the lake. Of course, I followed him in, waist deep in a skirt, losing one of my Keen's Logan got me for Christmas to the depths of the nastiness. Milo came out sputtering and sporting seaweed from his mouth and ears. Needless to say, the photoshoot was a no-go that day and the ride home was silent with kids wondering if Mom was teetering on the edge of completely losing it.



After cooling off for a few days we decided to try again (in a fenced in area with no bodies of water). And I couldn't be happier with the results. Look at these beautiful children! Oh, how I love them!
















We heard about this great ice cream parlor and had to try it. So much ice cream! We went a couple times on dates and took the kids once too.


Logan decided to take on what I lovingly referred to as a second wife - sourdough. It was pretty yummy - but not nearly as yummy as those little piggies pictured next to it.☺




For the Young Women's fundraiser Logan and I put together this bread basket, complete with French cheese and honey butter. It sold for $65!


Meanwhile, here's a look at my baking assistant in the kitchen. The saying, "Never trust a skinny cook" comes to mind...


We decided to go back to the final resting spot of my companionless Keen and found that it is actually a really fun place to spend time, as long as you stick to the path and boardwalk.



It was HOT that day though, so a dip in the water wouldn't have been so bad.



Brothers 


Milo decided he was ready to start using the potty, so as a reward we took a trip to the Mall of America to ride a train, among other things.

Carli at the Lego store.



On a train!!!


And here is cute undies-boy himself. This is what happens when Mom is getting busy for a big cross-country trip.


It was fun to revisit some of the I-90 sights on our way to visit family in Utah. You can tell we got everyone up early to hit the road...






My mom sent me this picture of my Dad's brother, who passed away as a baby. There is definitely a resemblance to Tad.


Oh, the baby cooing! Be still my mama heart!








No comments: