Sunday, March 07, 2021

November 2020

I love this man and our life together!


I voted. I wasn't thrilled with the whole atmosphere around all the election stuff, and it seemed to be especially painful in Georgia, but I'm grateful for the privilege to vote.

My favorite time of the day.

Love decorating this cool dough bowl Logan made for me.


When you take your kids to a bounce house at your friend's house and your husband disappears, you might find him in her kayak on the pond.

I loved President Nelson's challenge to be grateful and to flood social media with gratitude. Such an uplifting experience after so much negativity. And I started by being grateful for these two brothers.

And this beautiful view.

And new friends we met at church who are traveling the country in an RV.

We had Logan's annual birthday bonfire. Love this tradition.




So grateful these gloves protected Logan from worse damage. He sliced himself up really good, but luckily no permanent internal damage. What a blessing. (Needless to say he threw away the nasty tool that did this to him. Probably shouldn't have been messing around with it in the first place.) 


I sure love this sweet boy and all the dandelions he brings for me.


Started off birthday week with some Harry Potter cupcakes.


Then we headed out for the coolest vacation house in Florida. Such a unique house right on a salt marsh.




We shared the place with this cute little guy. https://youtu.be/Db-maTrRKJY

We stayed up watching Christmas movies.

Mom had to captain the kayak since Dad's bandaged finger put him out of commission. Our first attempt was a comedy of errors from which I was worried I wouldn't come out of unscathed, or at least dry. But, after the wind tossed us around we made it back to the dock and decided to try again another day. Luckily the second attempt was much more successful.

We promised Carli a beach trip on her birthday (spoiled girl), but it was pretty chilly, so we decided to explore Amelia Island instead. I can hardly believe she is a teenager! But she is seriously the sweetest teenager around. We sure love her.

Logan and I forced some hiking in there and promised the kids some time at a playground afterward.


Our second attempt at a beach day went much more smoothly as well. Warm and sunny with no wind on St. Simons Island.




We made it back in time to have a low-key Thanksgiving lunch with just our little crew.


And to celebrate this guy's birthday with an Alfredo dinner and strawberry cake (with no icing) and strawberry ice cream. He sure is one of our favorites!

And I got to top off the day chatting with some of my other favorites.

No comments: