Sunday, October 30, 2022

August 2021

It's always hard to believe when August rolls around that summer is actually over. Especially because in reality there's so much hot weather left! But these kids were pretty ready to get started in school and I was excited to start my new teaching position at the middle school with my girls.

I know sending your baby to Kindergarten is always tough on moms. I definitely had some moments of "Where did all those years go?!?" But, he was so excited to be at the same school as his brother and follow in the footsteps of his siblings. He is ready for elementary school! And it helped that I started school the same day to keep the tears at bay.


My big 2nd grader


Middle school here I come! (6th grade)


Ready to get the last year of middle school over with (8th grade)


So fun to have our first day of school together!


Nope, he's not actually going to school today, slacker. But he wanted in on the first day photos too.




The line to the middle school was extra long after we dropped off the boys. It's not a great look to be late on your first day. . .


Not sure what this pose is, but he is getting big.


I bought a bunch of yoga balls thinking I'd use them in my classroom. They never made it there. . .


Silly kids. These three are always finding fun things to do together. And Janie is almost always the ringleader.


Sunday lunch


Using one of her birthday presents.


The couple's adventure date book Logan gave me awhile back has been so much fun. We've had some really great date nights.

Went for a walk at dusk and saw fireflies.

Figured out our love languages.


Danced in a parking lot.


Picnic in the park.


Tad (Thomas at school) came home with this picture. I was just certain he was trying to predict a future sibling in this drawing. Turns out it's a map of the upstairs of the house. Phew. . .


Logan has been commissioned for some fun refresher projects. This really old dough bowl turned out especially nice.



Janie joined the cross-country team and has made huge improvements in a very short amount of time. She loves it, I really don't know how in the sweltering heat, but I'm happy she enjoys it.




No comments: