February can sometimes be a bit of a drag, but this year we tried to make the best of it. We had our first annual Valentine's Day driveway dance. I say it that way because it was such a success we definitely plan to do it again. It was perfect because Valentine's Day was the Friday before winter break. We had a great turnout and Logan was thrilled to use his DJ skills and newly acquired equipment. Funny comments from the night:
"I didn't know your dad could do The Wobble like that!"
"Are people in your church required to know how to swing dance?"
Carli popped the question...
And got a sweet answer.
We went to the temple. It was Milo's first time and it was very sweet. He was so excited to finally get a set of scriptures from the bookstore there. He immediately set a goal for himself to read the complete standard works in 100 days. We'll keep you updated on his progress.
I convinced the whole family to join me at my professional conference this year. Last year the girls came with me and this year it was the whole crew. We had a blast at the water park, ropes course, climbing wall, mini golf, and mini bowling. Of course, I always enjoy my conference and learn a lot there.
In order to get the girls' absences waived, we visited Mercer University on the way home. It was a beautiful campus, but I don't think either of them are super interested, even if they are acting like the mascot.
*Also, don't mind Tad's grumpy face in so many of the pictures. He has actually asked to make this trip a tradition.









No comments:
Post a Comment