We debated whether or not to use a binki, especially since she seemed to have trouble catching on to it and then had a little confusion when she would eat afterward. Over the past week I have been pretty concerned about Carli because she was having bouts of projectile vomiting - it's pretty scary to see that much come out of your 3 week old with such force. I took her to the doctor last week, who recommended a few things, including a perscription for reflux. We were both a little concerned about Pyloric Stenosis which would mean surgery. Anyway, I'm pretty sure now that it is none of those things, just a mother who can't read her little one's signals. I kept thinking she was still hungry at night when she would continue to root, even after I fed her. So, night after night I kept overfeeding her and she would throw it all up. So, we are thrilled now that she likes the binki because it has solved the vomiting problem. We are just crossing our fingers that she doesn't become dependent on it. Isn't she a little angel? She still can't stand her hands being anywhere but by her face - just like in her ultrasounds.
Monday, December 17, 2007
We finally got her hooked!
We debated whether or not to use a binki, especially since she seemed to have trouble catching on to it and then had a little confusion when she would eat afterward. Over the past week I have been pretty concerned about Carli because she was having bouts of projectile vomiting - it's pretty scary to see that much come out of your 3 week old with such force. I took her to the doctor last week, who recommended a few things, including a perscription for reflux. We were both a little concerned about Pyloric Stenosis which would mean surgery. Anyway, I'm pretty sure now that it is none of those things, just a mother who can't read her little one's signals. I kept thinking she was still hungry at night when she would continue to root, even after I fed her. So, night after night I kept overfeeding her and she would throw it all up. So, we are thrilled now that she likes the binki because it has solved the vomiting problem. We are just crossing our fingers that she doesn't become dependent on it. Isn't she a little angel? She still can't stand her hands being anywhere but by her face - just like in her ultrasounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kyle was a big spitter upper too. I kept asking the doctor about it over and over again but as long as he was thriving and growing he wasn't worried about it.. Good luck.. You're doing great.
Post a Comment