This shirt ain't lyin' when it calls her "Sweetie". What a cute girl! We feel so blessed and a little lucky to have such a calm, sweet, happy girl in our house. And beautiful to boot! Things around here are great. I have spent the week getting used to being a mommy and have loved it. Carli is doing well and spoiling her parents with great sleep, surprisingly enough. I took her to the doctor on Tuesday and she had gained 12 ounces in 5 days - more than twice what the doctor hoped for with an ounce a day. He was thrilled and a little shocked. I wondered if he'd ever seen a baby grow that quickly from his reaction. What can I say, she likes to eat. Who doesn't? Anyway, I am starting to get a little antsy to show her off, but since it snowed 8 inches last Saturday, another several inches on Tuesday, and then several more on Thursday, and it's in the teens for a high, I'm a little worried about taking her out. Especially with all of the sickies at this time of year. I guess everyone out there will have to be deprived for a little longer. Other than that, Nelly the Neon is on strike against this cold weather - she won't even take a charge from jumping her. So, tomorrow Logan will become a mechanic for a day and change the battery. And this is only the beginning. You may not want to ask me about it come April. And seeing as we've moved to one of the "greenest" states ever, we don't get the privilege of salt on the roads since they're worried about salination of the lakes. Since when have the lakes mattered more than people's lives on the road? Oh well, maybe we can all cross-country ski to work. Anyway, life is good from inside our warm apartment. We'll keep you posted on our adventures with Carli.
Friday, December 07, 2007
Update
This shirt ain't lyin' when it calls her "Sweetie". What a cute girl! We feel so blessed and a little lucky to have such a calm, sweet, happy girl in our house. And beautiful to boot! Things around here are great. I have spent the week getting used to being a mommy and have loved it. Carli is doing well and spoiling her parents with great sleep, surprisingly enough. I took her to the doctor on Tuesday and she had gained 12 ounces in 5 days - more than twice what the doctor hoped for with an ounce a day. He was thrilled and a little shocked. I wondered if he'd ever seen a baby grow that quickly from his reaction. What can I say, she likes to eat. Who doesn't? Anyway, I am starting to get a little antsy to show her off, but since it snowed 8 inches last Saturday, another several inches on Tuesday, and then several more on Thursday, and it's in the teens for a high, I'm a little worried about taking her out. Especially with all of the sickies at this time of year. I guess everyone out there will have to be deprived for a little longer. Other than that, Nelly the Neon is on strike against this cold weather - she won't even take a charge from jumping her. So, tomorrow Logan will become a mechanic for a day and change the battery. And this is only the beginning. You may not want to ask me about it come April. And seeing as we've moved to one of the "greenest" states ever, we don't get the privilege of salt on the roads since they're worried about salination of the lakes. Since when have the lakes mattered more than people's lives on the road? Oh well, maybe we can all cross-country ski to work. Anyway, life is good from inside our warm apartment. We'll keep you posted on our adventures with Carli.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to hear you've adjusted to motherhood so easily. That's a blessing. She's adorable.
Post a Comment