Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Welcome to Wisconsin

Some of you may remember the picture we posted when we were trying to decide whether to take the job here. (Statue of Liberty moved to Madison)

Well, we are seeing it come true. It has snowed well over 2 feet in the last week and a half, probably 6 days out of the last 10. This is what it looks like out our front window.



We finally got Nelly started, thank goodness. It was frozen condensation somewhere in the gas line. I think we'd all do better driving around in sleighs though. I admit, it is pretty, but there are at least 3 cars a day that get stuck on the street and need help getting dug out and pushed. It would be fun to go out and play in it, especially since whatever fort or snowman we made would last forever since the highest the temperature has been is just under freezing, warm enough for it to snow, then it drops back down to the teens. All this may sound like I'm complaining, but really I'm not. It's kind of fun for now, I have never experienced a winter like this. I only worry about Logan driving to and from work. Otherwise I have the most beautiful view inside. . .


Happy winter to all of you!

No comments: