Well, it's official - no more apartment living for us. We are buying a house! We have looked at LOTS of houses since we moved here, trying to get a feel for the area and what we like. We had planned on buying one in time for our contract in our apartment to run out, but we found this one and had to move quickly. It is a great deal, but I guess mostly everything is in this buyer's market, especially with all of the foreclosures. Anyway, we are very excited to have a house and everything that goes with it, but we are sad to move too. We will miss being right across the hall from Ben, Rachel and Haven (the other Cowans). It has been a lot of fun living so near them. It will be hard to not be within a few feet of them anymore. We will also miss this neighborhood with so many friends. I'm sure we'll come back pretty often. Here's our house, although we've never seen it like this. It was covered with 2 feet of snow when we saw it first, then it was raining when we did the inspection. We think it's beautiful and perfect for our family. Hopefully you can all come out and visit us sometime!
Other than trying to get everything ready to close on the house, life is pretty much the same. After months of questioning, I finally decided to resign from my teaching position so that I can be home with Carli. It would be quite a drive from our house to work as well, so all in all it didn't seem worth it. So, I look forward to my new full time job as mom and homemaker. It's been great so far, I'm sure it will be even more fun in a house. I'm really grateful for a hard-working husband who has made sure it is possible for me to stay home and who wants me to do what I love - whatever it is. Anyway, just wanted to update you on our exciting news!
4 comments:
Cute house! How very exciting! Good luck in the move!
Congratulations!! The house looks super cute! Good luck moving. Can't wait to come visit you guys sometime!
YOu'll love being a full time mom. . I love it.. just remember to make friends and do things with other girls too. When we first moved down here I got depressed because I was home with Kyle all the time and no social interaction but I started going to ward aerobics and getting involved and now as you can see from our blog.. I'm loving it. Girls need girl talk.. at least you'll have family still close. :) I'm soo excited for you guys.
Congrats on the house..
ps. if you ever get annoyed with all the advice you can tell me to zip it :) Either that or just ignore it..
Congratulations you guys! How exciting to be in a house! We can't wait to come and visit so we can see it.
Post a Comment