This video is of my Grandma Jones playing the piano at the luncheon after my grandfather's funeral. She really is an amazing woman. She played a few of my grandpa's favorites at the lunch. She is 82 years old, can barely walk with a walker (as you can see, she was in a wheelchair that day), can't see well enough to read music anymore, but can play the songs she learned from the time she was in junior high. My dad always liked me to learn the pieces my grandma played (they were his favorites) and I can't even remember them from at most 10 years ago. Anyway, I will count myself lucky if I ever have the strength she has in her fingers, mind, heart and spirit.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Your grandma is an amazing piano player! That was fun to watch.
Post a Comment