Well, I'm back from my trip. It was a nice trip, even though it felt pretty short. We were able to visit both of my grandmas and it was pretty amazing that all of my grandfather's 26 grandchildren were there except one (my sister who is too pregnant to travel). He left quite a legacy. It was nice to see all the cousins I haven't seen in quite awhile. I intended to take LOTS of pictures, but obviously didn't. You know what they say about good intentions. . . Anyway, the picture is of Carli and her Great-Grandma Jordan. I can't believe how old she looks in this picture! She's not so little anymore :(. When we got back from the trip, Logan left for a business trip, so Carli and I are all alone at home. (Notice the time this is being posted. Sleep doesn't come quite as easily when Logan's gone.) Poor little Carli has thrush, so she and I are trying to work out the whole eating thing. It hurts her to nurse, so we've had to make some adjustments. Surprisingly enough, she took the bottle like a pro! I sometimes worry that because she is so good-natured and wonderful that we're going to pay for it someday. It really tugged at my heartstrings the other day when she was so hungry and tired and didn't feel good while I was getting medicine and stuff yet she still gave me the cutest smiles from her carseat. What a good girl! She is becoming more and more interested in food. She stares at the food going from our plates to our mouths. I think I'll start her on cereal once Logan gets back from his trip. We are SOOOO happy it is finally Spring!!! Carli and I take walks everyday to enjoy the warm weather. It has been beautiful here lately. We're also finally meeting our neighbors - everyone has come out of winter hibernation. Carli is also becoming much more vocal. She talks herself to sleep through her binki now. She also loves to bite into my shoulder and yell as loud as she can. When she feels the wind in her hair (which she has much more of now) she squeals and gets so excited. She is also much more wiggly and it's much harder to change her diaper and bathe her now. She can bring her knees all the way up to her chest when she's on her belly and I'm afraid that crawling will come much too quickly. She is getting into peek-a-boo and giggles like crazy when you appear from behind a wall. She finally snuggles into my shoulder instead of insisting on looking around all the time. She's been especially snuggly since she hasn't felt well the last couple of days. I could go on and on about her, but I figure I'm just making people jealous that I get to be with her 24/7. She is such a joy! I know everyone says that, but I never knew just how deeply they meant it until this little sweetheart came along. There's just nothing like watching the way she just stares and grins at her dad when he gets home from work and how she giggles for him like she does for no one else. How did I get so lucky? Well, if anyone's made it this far into the post, you're probably thinking I'm lonely and sad without Logan here and you'd be right. So, I guess I'd better go to bed. I'll get more pictures of Carli soon, I know that's the most exciting part of the posts.Tuesday, April 22, 2008
My latest trip
Well, I'm back from my trip. It was a nice trip, even though it felt pretty short. We were able to visit both of my grandmas and it was pretty amazing that all of my grandfather's 26 grandchildren were there except one (my sister who is too pregnant to travel). He left quite a legacy. It was nice to see all the cousins I haven't seen in quite awhile. I intended to take LOTS of pictures, but obviously didn't. You know what they say about good intentions. . . Anyway, the picture is of Carli and her Great-Grandma Jordan. I can't believe how old she looks in this picture! She's not so little anymore :(. When we got back from the trip, Logan left for a business trip, so Carli and I are all alone at home. (Notice the time this is being posted. Sleep doesn't come quite as easily when Logan's gone.) Poor little Carli has thrush, so she and I are trying to work out the whole eating thing. It hurts her to nurse, so we've had to make some adjustments. Surprisingly enough, she took the bottle like a pro! I sometimes worry that because she is so good-natured and wonderful that we're going to pay for it someday. It really tugged at my heartstrings the other day when she was so hungry and tired and didn't feel good while I was getting medicine and stuff yet she still gave me the cutest smiles from her carseat. What a good girl! She is becoming more and more interested in food. She stares at the food going from our plates to our mouths. I think I'll start her on cereal once Logan gets back from his trip. We are SOOOO happy it is finally Spring!!! Carli and I take walks everyday to enjoy the warm weather. It has been beautiful here lately. We're also finally meeting our neighbors - everyone has come out of winter hibernation. Carli is also becoming much more vocal. She talks herself to sleep through her binki now. She also loves to bite into my shoulder and yell as loud as she can. When she feels the wind in her hair (which she has much more of now) she squeals and gets so excited. She is also much more wiggly and it's much harder to change her diaper and bathe her now. She can bring her knees all the way up to her chest when she's on her belly and I'm afraid that crawling will come much too quickly. She is getting into peek-a-boo and giggles like crazy when you appear from behind a wall. She finally snuggles into my shoulder instead of insisting on looking around all the time. She's been especially snuggly since she hasn't felt well the last couple of days. I could go on and on about her, but I figure I'm just making people jealous that I get to be with her 24/7. She is such a joy! I know everyone says that, but I never knew just how deeply they meant it until this little sweetheart came along. There's just nothing like watching the way she just stares and grins at her dad when he gets home from work and how she giggles for him like she does for no one else. How did I get so lucky? Well, if anyone's made it this far into the post, you're probably thinking I'm lonely and sad without Logan here and you'd be right. So, I guess I'd better go to bed. I'll get more pictures of Carli soon, I know that's the most exciting part of the posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment