Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Reasons to visit us - a celebrity endorsement and more!

Fall has become quite spectacular around here. These pictures were all taken from our yard. I keep meaning to take a picture down main street of our quaint little town - it really is beautiful with the sesquicentennial houses and the brick street lined with the fall trees. I wish/hope you can all visit sometime, you wouldn't regret it.





Speaking of people visiting, do you recognize this woman? That's right, Supernanny came to visit our little town. She was filming at a house at the end of our street, and on the last day she took pictures with people and signed autographs. We didn't really want to take other people's limited time since we've never even seen the show(and believe me, there were some very excited people), but we did snap a couple of pictures from across the street. Ours is the one on the right. She never really looked our way, but I think you can tell it's her from the back. As sad as it seems, that's about my only claim to fame.





Here's the best reason to visit our little town though. Man, she is cute. She did, however, find her inner tantrum buddy yesterday. I have a feeling we may have some brief, yet profound episodes of drama in this house over the next 18 or so years. Hopefully they are few and far between, but I sure caught a glimpse of the magnitude of them yesterday. Luckily, she almost always looks like she did in this picture, and we're crossing our fingers that it stays that way.



A couple of weeks ago, Carli finally decided that the Snapagus Shuffle, as her daddy liked to call it (army crawling) was just not cutting it. So, here is the new and improved Carli Crawl. Make sure you stay tuned for the surprise ending. . .

6 comments:

kera said...

you've never seen supernanny? come on now... ok, it's not really my favorite show, because other peoples naughty kids who are only naughty because their parents don't know how to be parents, that stuff doesn't really interest me. but i admit, i've watched it a couple times. i like her accent.

just wait til you get buckets of snow, then you'll be wanting to visit somewhere else my friend...

Kris and MaLanie said...

I love Supernanny!! I've watched it a few times and she is amazing. Fall looks so gorgeous there. I love the video of Carli, especially the end. What a spunky girl!

TheKeilShpeel said...

I used to watch that show.. It's pretty cool because she gives some good advice especially on how to get your toddler to bed or baby to bed, how to get your kids to listen you to. Sometimes I feel like I need her. Maybe I shoul dvr some of the episodes.

Ok.. and those leaves are just stunning. That is even more beautiful that Utah. Of course in Cali we get nothing like that.

Michelle said...

Wow, I love the fall colors on your trees! Beautiful!

Callie said...

Love the video, especially your muffled part at the end.

The leaves are beautiful- I don't know if it'll ever look like that here... maybe in December?

Mallory said...

We so wish we could come visit you guys. We're still trying to cross paths at Christmas right? We really need to because we want to meet your adorable Carli before she moves out of the house.