Logan and I have been talking about what traditions we'd like to have in our family and I'd like to hear what some of your favorite traditions are. Here are a few we had growing up, and a few we'd like to do in our own little family.1. Hosting a Christmas party
2. Reading Christmas stories at night during December
3. Making gingerbread houses
4. Reading Luke 2 on Christmas Eve
5. Fondue on Christmas Eve
6. Driving around looking at the lights
7. Sleeping under the Christmas tree
8. A service activity
9. A talent show/program on Christmas/New Year's Eve
That's just a small list, we'd love to see what you add to it! Hope you are all safe and warm where you are, we're planning on a weekend in, as we're supposed to be hit with a major storm tonight (around a foot of snow). Can't wait to see some of you soon!
2 comments:
OOOh! we have been discussing that, too. I REALLY like the fondue on Christmas Eve one. My family always wrote stories (about anything) and shared them on Christmas Eve. We also had a sibling "sleep over" so we could all sleep together.. it was usually in the hallway!
Those are some great traditions. I was thinking about doing a blog post like this too. Our family has a FHE on Christmas eve where we sing songs, read the scriptures, play games followed by homemade ice-cream and It's as Wonderful Life. I'm a big fan.
Post a Comment