Unfortunately I failed to take pictures this month and I'm really sad about it. We flew kites for the first time as a family.
We went swimming (indoors, don't worry, it's not that warm yet) a few times, which of course Carli couldn't get enough of.
Carli has been steadily progressing in potty training (we're not there yet) and she has become so sweet with friends and helpful at home. In the picture above and below she was helping me make bread. (As you can see by the way she is wiping the flour all down her shirt. Nice.)
We went to the ward Easter Egg Hunt and I wish I could have taken a video. The Easter Bunny came - one of the Primary workers works part time at Build-a-Bear and dressed up in a bunny suit - and Carli was in heaven. She followed him around with her arms outstretched getting hugs on the minute. The poor other kids didn't even get a chance to get near him. (I would have stopped her except half of the other kids were scared of him.) Honestly, what could be better than a daddy-sized stuffed animal?!
This is a picture of my first attempt at French braiding Carli's hair. I know, some may ask how I could wait this long when the girl has hair like THAT! Let's just say I did my best work by sitting Carli down in the Bumbo chair in front of Elmo with her favorite snack, and it still only turned out like that. Why start now? Well, I'll need good practice because I'm going to be doing yet another head of hair on . . .
Yes, Carli is getting a SISTER! We are thrilled and now everything has become even more real. It's hard to believe how quickly everything goes by. I'm sure the beginning of August will be here in no time, and just like with Carli, we'll still be unprepared in many ways, although at least this time we have plenty of little baby girl things.We're excited for April to come this week. Grandma and Papa are coming to visit, we get to celebrate Easter and watch General Conference and that's just in the first weekend!

5 comments:
I am sooo excited for you
That's exciting you are having another girl. Congratulations. I am not looking forward to fixing little girl hair. I can't even fix my own.
Looks like pink is your color. Congratulations!
Yay for girl babies! Congratulations Logan and Kate! Carli will be the cutest big sister every!
Hooray!!!! Congrats you guys! Will you still be calling the baby Gus? :) I am impressed with your braiding skills. I can't wait until Bristol's hair is long enough for me to fix.
Post a Comment