Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Record-keeping

Up until now, I have tried to just remember the cute, funny, smart things Carli has done. I've realized those things are harder to remember (thanks to pregnant-brain) and she is doing more of them. Since this is my "family journal", you all get to enjoy these things too.

* Carli is a button-pusher, not necessarily in the literal sense. She likes to see what others' reactions are to things she does. Lately she has especially been into pushing other little kids to see what they do. We had some issues with it over the weekend and talked with her more about it than usual. Sunday night prayers went like this, "Grateful for Daddy's job, grateful for Mommy's job, grateful for Carli's job, grateful for Strawberry Cortcake's (her doll) job. I pushed in nursery, but I said sorry and said hi instead." What a sweet girl to think to tell Heavenly Father about that! So, we've now encouraged her to ask for help with this problem in her prayers each day.

* Out of nowhere she started saying "Be quiet right now!" to anyone making noise in the grocery store. She also said it to Mariah Carey's "You'll Always Be a Part of Me" on the radio. Apparently she doesn't appreciate her range. I now know never to blame parents first for what comes out of their children's mouths. I can promise I have not used this phrase with her.

* This morning she opened up my scriptures and said, "I know that Heavenly Father loves me and I know it's true." Followed by, "He's my Heavenly Father and I'm His daughter." I can't take credit for this either, I'm pretty sure she learned it in nursery.

* When I ask her where Gus (what we call the baby) is, she lifts her own shirt and points to her belly.

2 comments:

grandmacarol said...

Carli loves primary songs thanks to you. She won't like Mariah Carey until she sings like you:)

Kathleen said...

I'm glad to hear that she picked up on a few things in the nursery. She's so cute. You'll be glad you kept track of these things. Whenever I don't post Lucy's funny sayings I can't remember them about a week later and I'm sad.