Wednesday, September 04, 2019

August 2019

August 1st still sneaks up on us pretty quick, after only a 2-month summer. But I think the kids were ready to go back for the most part. This beauty was a little nervous about starting middle school, but after day 1 came home and acted like it was just another day.

Janie Lou was the most excited to get started in 4th grade. She was a little sad that she didn't get in any classes with her closest friends, but, of course, came home the first day with the good news she'd already made a new friend. We knew you would, cute girl.


And what a big kindergartner this boy turned out to be! His favorite parts? Eating lunch and riding the bus home. He's done really well and we're really happy with his teacher. She has been wonderful. 


Tadders was a little lonely that first day, but seemed to be fine with the quiet house and all of Mom's attention after that.






It was the M family's turn to swap moms and go out of town. This rambunctious crew showed me all their tricks.


While the older kids are at school, Tad and I like to play. We have a coop preschool and a playgroup. We had a pineapple party for my friend and I made these fun pina colada cupcakes.


We visited this handsome fella for lunch at school.


I finally started a project I've been wanting to do for quite some time. It was a bit time-consuming, but totally worth it.


The finished product! I really love it.


And another fun yard project.


In light of dang Dorian, some of my friends' plans got messed up, so we had a little girls' night. We found some shirts for Logan while we were there.


Quite the cutest crew ever. 


No comments: