Logan left early the day after Christmas to visit his family to celebrate his dad's retirement. I decided to put up a backsplash as a surprise while he was gone. It was a lot of work, there were times I questioned why I didn't pay a professional and there were a few sleepless nights, but I did it and for the most part I love it - when I can overlook the flaws. Unfortunately, my excitement for the surprise was a little upended when I received a phone call from Delta Airlines telling me my husband probably had a kidney stone and would be met by the paramedics upon landing in Atlanta. I was really worried that it wasn't a kidney stone, but actually the stomach trouble for which he'd been in the hospital and had countless procedures and appointments over the last few months to try to get some answers. I packed a bag like I'd be staying in Atlanta for a week. My friend Noel rode to Atlanta with me to pick up Logan's car from the airport and drive the van back home while her husband helped watch my kids. It was a relief, at least for me, to find out it was in fact a kidney stone and I was able to take him home that night. It was a horrendous experience for him and he dealt with such terrible pain for 6 days. Happy New Year!! - - you've met your deductible.
Carli went to a basketball game with her friend and ended up being the halftime entertainment.
I've been promising Tad I would make him a new blanket if he gave up his baby blanket and binky. It was long overdue, but he's my baby and the way he powered down when he got them just melted my heart and I couldn't let him part with it quite yet. But, he was very excited his new blanket has his name on it. And there was enough fabric to make one for Milo too. With and "M" embroidered on it, of course. And the transition went swimmingly!
Janie worked hard to become a "Millionaire" at school by earning 1,000,000 AR points. All the millionaires got to go on a field trip and to Chic-fil-A.
This cute guy solved this all on his own!
We did a day in Savannah. We started at Fort Pulaski. It was a cold day, but we had a fun time exploring.
The kids always love riding the water taxis.
And look at this young writer finding inspiration from the scenic view.
I finally got around to making these girls new piano bags.
We had yet another fun preschool where Tad and I got to try out the zip line. Unfortunately, I was not feeling well at all, and when I got home I got in bed and didn't get out for 6 more days. I was down and out with the flu. I'm pretty sure I've never had the flu before, because I really don't remember feeling like that. Logan did a fantastic job taking care of everything and making sure I was quarantined. Luckily no one else got it, but it seemed to be a bad year for everyone.
This guy made me a cute card which definitely lifted my spirits.





No comments:
Post a Comment