It may have been April Fools Day, but I ain't no fool. I got my first dose of the Covid vaccine and I felt so proud and happy. I shared the following on Facebook:
Feeling a little stronger thanks to my first vaccine dose!
Thought I’d share some thoughts I’ve had today. I learned about Oswald Avery when I read The Great Influenza by John M. Barry last year. Avery was a medical researcher who started his career during the “Spanish Flu”. “Avery is best known for his 1944 discovery that DNA is the material of which genes and chromosomes are made.” (After 20+ years of research full of dead ends.) Barry said, “In fact, what Avery accomplished was a classic of basic science. He started his search looking for a cure for pneumonia and ended up ‘opening . . . the field of molecular biology’.”
I am in awe that a discovery made by a man whose work was inspired by the flu pandemic 100 years ago helped make possible the vaccine I received to relieve the pandemic today. Incredible!
It was so fun to surprise the kids with visitors. We are so lucky Grammie, Papa T and the cousins came to visit for spring break. They hit General Conference, Easter and Tad's birthday too, which was so fun.
https://youtube.com/shorts/L5O924RAi4o?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/4sE53meHzks?feature=share
Papa taught the boys to play dominos.
It was the best decision to get an inflatable bouncy house for the week. And very fun to surprise Tad for his birthday.
A 5 with sprinkles!
These 6 together make me so happy.
Little Women play
Like father like son.
Beach day!
Now...
and then. (3 years ago)
Our first successful geocache of the year.
The treehouse Logan and Papa started. A very fun project that is yet to be used much.
Just a boy enjoying the book Papa T sent him.
Janie is often coming up with fun and games for the boys.
We love it when strawberry picking season comes again. And I've never met a kid who likes picking them as much as this one. He would fill buckets all day if I let him. And this year there was a field right down the road, so we hit it up several times.
Can't remember what these three were doing exactly, but I love the view of them playing from my window.





















No comments:
Post a Comment