Friday, June 07, 2019

May 2019

The third graders had a fun wax museum project and Janie was Dr. Seuss. And a cute one at that.


We updated the kids' pictures for Mothers Day and I've got to say, they are some beautiful girls and boys. 





We took advantage of the spring and the good weather to plant grass. It was a big job, but it felt good to get the seed down.


At the ward campout with the Sisters. They have sure fallen for Tad, for which I do not blame them.


Tadders and Tabbers. At a ward baptism, the Sisters were nice enough to catch this picture and send it on to me...


Snuggling on a Sunday afternoon.


Another season of softball under our belts. We love the family outings to watch Carli play in the beautiful weather. And this year the team came away with a 1st place medal!



The girls did a great job at their piano recital. We sure love Ms. Forbes!






We are continuing to work on the backyard and added sand around the swingset. The boys have really loved it. Unfortunately, we did this just in time for a heat wave, but I'm sure they will be out there constantly starting in October.


Milo had a fun preschool program to finish out the year. And it was a fun example of our new life here in the South.



I got to help with Carli's last class party in elementary school. *sniff* 


The last day of school was honors day for the girls. And boy, were they honored. Janie came away with medals for highest grades in third grade in math and English and math team and a trophy for principal's honor roll. She was proud as punch, and so was her mother.




And then I went to the 5th grade session. Carli came away with medals for highest grades in 5th grade in science and English, the highest overall GPA, and math team. She also received the Coca Cola award for academic achievement. Somehow she was surprised at these honors. But I wasn't.




We loved going on a little trip to start our Christmas vacation and thought we'd make it a tradition for every school break. So, we rented a little beach house in Jacksonville Beach and headed out for a beach vacation. 


One of the days there we spent in St. Augustine, which was my favorite day. We visited Fort Matanzas, which included a fun ferry ride, a short hike and Janie and Milo becoming Junior Rangers. It was super hot, but the kids tried to keep their attitudes positive.







After that we visited the Castillo de San Marcos. It was really interesting to tour such a historic place. I remember learning about St. Augustine being the oldest city in the U.S. when I was in second grade. I've wanted to visit ever since, so this was such a cool experience. We walked up and down the pedestrian street and walked through the cathedral. It's pretty amazing to see a whole city made out of seashells.





I think the kids' favorite part of the trip was the beach. We went everyday of the three days we were there. I gotta say, I loved it too.







On the last day we made sure to drive into downtown Jacksonville and take the kids (but mostly Milo) on the free commuter skytrain. It was totally worth it to see his face, but unfortunately, I didn't catch it on camera.


We came home to lush green lawn on one side of the house. Yay, our baby grass is growing, even amidst the rest of the lawn dying because of the hot, dry weather. 

1 comment:

TheKeilShpeel said...

Love seeing pics of your family..