One big adjustment from our move here is just how fast things grow! And we have a big yard. So, mowing happens A LOT. Our kind and generous neighbor let us borrow his mower a few times (and just mowed our yard for us several times), and that was a highlight of Milo's summer.
I just love this letter and don't want to ever forget it.
This dude is officially a southpaw, just like his daddy. And I couldn't be happier. Love this kid!
We took our first big camping trip in July with our friends the Holleys. She really did all the planning and work, I just piggybacked off her amazing plans. It was a fun time, but we could've done without so much rain. It had already been weeks of deluge at home, which had not been good for our septic system, so it was a nice break to go to the mountains in North Carolina. And it was great company too.
One of our favorite parts was Sliding Rock. I stayed with Tad, but everyone else braved the icy water slide and had a blast.
Sliding rock
Thanks to our babysitting swap with our friends, Logan and I were able to get away to Atlanta for our 13th anniversary. Our first stop was the National Archives. I thought I might be able to do some family history work there, which didn't turn out, but it was an interesting place nonetheless.
We ate at a fun restaurant in a historic home before we went to the light show at Stone Mountain. Neither of us really knew what it was before we went and were surprised by the history of it. Living in the south has definitely been educational for us.
Haircuts for a hot summer!
These are our not-so-little friends that visit us every summer night. I kinda wish they'd bring a few more friends to get rid of a few more bugs.
This cute girl turned 8! She is a sweetheart with a bright mind, huge imagination and a great capacity to love.












No comments:
Post a Comment