Wednesday, January 30, 2019

September 2018

Milo had a fun time hosting Logan at Grandparents Day at the preschool. They did lots of fun activities.




Grandparents day presentation

Over the next week we were anticipating the arrival of slow-moving Florence. Prepping for a hurricane is already agonizing enough, when it moves as slowly as this one did it's really terrible. Amazingly enough, we didn't get hit by any of the storm, we just enjoyed some cooler weather for the Peanut Festival. The photo of the storm below is very humbling.



The kids' favorite part of the Peanut Festival is the tractor races. 




And while North and South Carolina were getting pounded by Florence, we got a rainbow. We were so grateful we weren't affected by this hurricane, but our hearts go out to those that were.


Look at that pretty hair!


And speaking of hair, here's a before and after of mine. After several years of wanting to chop it off again, I finally did it and I love it!



We go to the library for Dad to get his building fix.



Beach day!!






After such a rainy summer, we finally finished the landscaping of the beds around the house. It was a lot of work to put in all the bricks and fill it all with gravel, but we really like it, especially the low maintenance nature of it. Plus, I'll be completely honest, I put a rush on the work when I discovered this little guy living under our air conditioners. Thankfully we have a brave daddy who raised up the AC units and shooed him out (and "took care" of him) so we could move forward with the landscaping work.



Movie night!!

I can hardly believe how quickly Milo picked up reading. We started lessons several months ago and he just caught on in a snap. He's reading like a pro now.

We went to a family activity at the girls' school and Tad found a new hobby. 


No comments: