It was nice to be home after a LONG journey in the car. It was a great blessing to have the trip we had, and the bonding and memories are irreplaceable. But there's no place like home. Especially after weeks away.
Our friends invited us over for dinner and to swim and fish in their pond. Milo caught his first fish!
Another kayaking day with friends.Plus swimming.
A fun youth activity painting, swimming and dancing.
Another lost tooth!
And a giant goose egg to go with it. That's what happens when your brother soaps up the edge of the tub. . .
Who knew this kid would be so excited about trying on clothes on our school shopping trip?
A beach day hurrah to end our summer properly.
The kids added The Clubhouse to our summer bucket list, so we bowled and drove go karts (which didn't turn out as fun for them as they thought it would be, but c'est la vie).
Usually someone else leaves floury handprints on my pocket, but the evidence suggests it was me this time.
Reminding myself of this passage daily to keep the important things in perspective.
Amid the chaos of getting my classroom ready for school I had some training where I got to visit a local saw mill.
After hours and hours of work, my classroom was at least clean and organized for students.
The kids were all mostly ready to be at school.
I'm ready for school too. . . I think.
The big 12 for Janie! And as always, she asked for lemon cake. I always feel bad for her that her birthday is the day before school starts. But she's a trooper every year.
No comments:
Post a Comment