Thursday, December 26, 2024

August 2024

 First day of school photos! 3rd grade, 5th grade, 9th grade, and 11th grade.










This semester started out in a historical way. We had the first two days of school and then Hurricane Debby hit and we had the week off. It rained and rained and we ended up with about 10-12 inches of rain. The photo below is of our friend's old house where the wetlands in the back combined with the pond in front and took over the house. School was cancelled for the whole week mostly because all of the dirt roads had been washed out and there was no way for the buses to get anywhere. 



Carli got a bee in her bonnet and decided she hadn't read enough classics. Logan wasn't aware of this when he dropped by the library to pick up a book of his own and the librarian asked if he wanted to pick up the holds for his family too. He got worried when one librarian asked the other to go get a cart. Carli didn't make it through all of the books, but she made a pretty good dent in them. She is the most well-read high school junior I know of, for sure.


I really don't know what this is a picture of, but I find photos like this in my phone enough that I guess I need to document them. (I think this was a football game the girls went to. So weird having two high schoolers.)


I really love to walk in on scenes like this in our house.


Tad decided he'd like to add to the family cookbook, so he wrote down several family favorite recipes.


At the end of last school year I decided I wanted to push the FCCLA initiative "FCCLA @ the Table" and encourage families to eat meals together. We prepared to celebrate National Family Meals Month in September with a pledge, social media posts, a giveaway and a sponsored taco dinner at the school Family Night. My good friend happened to get the Family Engagement Specialist job over the summer and we worked closely together to put on the taco dinner. One of my goals has been to build the FACS program in our community and I am grateful for this opportunity to do it. When I decided to take this position in 2022 I had the thought, "The decision you make today will impact generations." I hope and pray everyday that I can use this position to positively influence my students and the community with knowledge and skills I know bring joy and happiness the Lord has in store for people who use them.

No comments: