Thursday, December 26, 2024

June 2024

 I was so jealous that Logan got to go to Young Women Camp this year. I tried to think of any way I could go with him, but I was happy he got to go. The girls had a great time. Carli showed her true leadership skills as a YCL and Janie made every girl, both younger and older, feel included. The Young Women of the stake gave Logan the nicknames "Woodchuck", because of his woodworking skills and "Adam Sandler" because of his obvious likeness to him, I guess.


Our good friend, Kevin, passed away after a long battle with kidney cancer. He left behind his wife and four children and it hit us especially hard because of how young he was. I asked the family to give me their favorite shirts of his and I made them into pillows. The situation was messy and complicated, but I hope they were able to find comfort from the gesture.



I found this list from way back when and I just had to include it here. I think I got pretty much everything I wanted!




Janie babysat Wayland and Livvy everyday this summer and we went to visit them. They had the cutest puppy and Tad fell for her. Hard.


Just a boy and his speed cube.



Our little friend, Charles, sent a written plan for a Harry Potter wand home with Carli and Janie for Logan to make. Pretty sure it was made and given to him within a couple of days. A kid's wish is Logan's command. And he did a great job following the pattern, I'd say!



Just the friendly neighborhood deer.


Even though I didn't go to FCCLA Nationals this year, two of my students went to Seattle and competed. They did a great job and scored a Gold!


Yeah, I think this family of readers may need to learn that reverence isn't just being quiet...

No comments: